Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother(s)

 Me, my mom, and my sister Robin. All in clothes made by her!

I have been spoiled my whole life because from the second I physically existed, I have been loved by my mother. I didn't do anything to warrant this love, and I certainly didn't deserve it because of anything I did. My mom loved me by giving her body to create me. My mom loved my by dressing me, feeding me, teaching me how to walk, talk, read, write, learn, create, work, and grow. She gave of her time, her energy, her resources. My mother sacrificed everything for her children, for me. I remember growing up that she would rarely every buy things for herself, but she would always make sure we were taken care of and had the things we needed. My mother supported me, and still does, in my goals, and was always interested in hearing about my life. I remember walking with her every morning at 6 am while the big kids went to seminary, and we talked the whole 4 miles, rain or shine. I remember coming home after school, and laying down on the floor of the sewing room, and telling mom about my day until I would fall asleep, and she would quietly sneak out to make dinner for us. We always had meals, clean laundry, and a clean home.
I love my mother. I hope I can be like her one day.
And I love all the mothers in my life who have sacrificed themselves for others. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. beautifully written Jenn! I ditto everything said. Love you, mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! That means a lot coming from a writer! :)

      Delete
  2. That's so sweet. She raised one awesome girl! :)

    ReplyDelete