Saturday, January 26, 2013

Shower in a suitcase

So, my mum is pretty excited about us having a girl. I was able to spend some time with her, as well as with my dad, and my sister and her family over Christmas. That was my birthday present from Brad, by the way. A trip home for the holidays, since he left for Florida on December 6th.

Anyway, while I was there, my mumsy "showered" me with things she has been treasuring and holding onto. Things for baby Claire. So, when I got home I took some pictures of my shower in a suitcase.

My suitcase overfloweth.
Top view. 




I thought it would be fun to put everything underneath the tree. Look at it! Bibs, outfits, udder covers, blankets, a hand made "quiet book" for church, toys, and more. 

My Dad's contribution! It's a ball he made, and it's for the game "Potato."
We used to play it as kids. Definitely a tradition to carry on. 
This is a children's lullaby my mom
stitched and hung in our nursery.


Receiveing blankets galore
Funky/fun bibs. I love the bright colors. 


Little monster toy.
Smocked dress. I love these things. 


More smocked outfits.
Hand crocheted by my mom. 


Thanks Mom and Dad! Love you guys!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, so much cute stuff! It's so fun getting ready for a baby. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot adequately tell you of my love of smocking. I can't WAIT to see her in those! I'm so excited. Being an aunt is seriously great. I don't have to do any of the crappy parts, just enjoy the fun! You look great! By the way, that baseball is so sweet. I love that she has handmade things from your parents. Adorable. She's a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhg... this makes me sad to be so far away! I hate being so far away from family...and new babies! LOVE those dresses. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute baby stuff!! Did you know you were having a girl at Christmas??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we found out before Brad left, but it wasn't for SURE. So, at our 20 week appointment, we found out for sure.

      Delete
  5. Cute post! Look at all that grandma love!! When and how did you get the I am a Child of God stitchery? Glad someone has it.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete