Thursday, July 5, 2012

Month 10 at the Rose Garden: June 27th

Brad and I have accomplished a very great and noble thing, that not even Kim Kardashian can boast. We have been married for 10 months now. Um, cool? I think yes. Anyway,  I  we were so excited to celebrate it, that we went on an adventure to the Rose Gardens in Portland. It is Rose City, you know.
We couldn't celebrate this memorable occasion without food, drink, and pictures. So, we packed up a picnic of the most random assortment of snacks you can imagine, threw in a water bottle along with some personal size Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider, and grabbed the camera and took off! The view, when we got there was beautiful, and the flowers were blooming, and the sun was just about to fall into the dusk zone. It was so dang Pacific Northwest-y (minus the rain) that I just felt like I could live here forever! Loved it.

 This is, in case there was any question, a rose. A red one, for that matter. I actually really like this picture for some reason. Maybe I'll hang it on a wall or something. 


Ok, I look like a crazy giant, but they had all these cool lamps with roses winding around them. I felt like I was in Mary Poppins' world, or perhaps Narnia, post White Witch. 


The man himself. Yes, he made it happen. 10 incredible months. 


Another artsy-fartsy one. I'm a beginner, don't judge. I just want you to sense the picturesque-ness of this place. 


Us!


Me!


Us again!


Picnic basket contents: bananas, pears (not so bad yet, right? Wait for it...), 4 bean salad, artichoke heart dip from Costco (Yum!), crackers to eat it with, and sparkling cider.
It was absolutely divine.


Us again.


And again...


Eek! Close your eyes!


Stopping to smell the roses.


Pretty fountain.


Happy 10th! Here's to another 10!

I will say this: Brad is extremely unselfish, kind, and just pretty gall durn fun to be with. I just love him to pieces. Reese's Pieces. 

2 comments: