Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Second on the Fourth

So, remember that one time I made a New Year's resolution to run a marathon?
On the Fourth of July this year, I ran my second marathon.


This is Martha, my friend from work, and I. Martha and I kept each other on track, training-wise, and we ran our 20 miler together.


Heather, my sister-in-law trained in Utah and drove up to run the race as well. This was her first marathon, and she ran her first 10k a year ago exactly! She totally beat me.


This is a 75 year old passing us. Yup. That's rough. 


Did you notice I'm wearing red, white, and blue? Happy birthday, America. 


This is the farthest distance Martha had ever run to this point. Of course, every step after it was further, but hey. Can't be stoppin' every step of the way, no matter how much you want to.


Orion, Martha's husband is on the left. Brad is taking the pictures the whole time, and also on a bike. He woke up with me, drove us all to the marathon, and rode his bike the entire way, supporting us like crazy. But not the annoying kind of support, where someone who isn't running tells you to run faster. He was perfect just cheering me on, and giving me as much space as I needed.


This lady was a hoot. She ran the last mile with us, after having run a half marathon. Just to cheer us on. 


Yay! Mile 26!!


And the finish line.



Heather ran even though she was sick to her stomach the entire way. I'm impressed. Ashlee, my sister-in-law was there at the finish line taking pictures. She even gave me a cute necklace at the end that had 26.2 on it. So sweet.
It was great to cross the finish line. 
Should I do another one?

8 comments:

  1. Jenn you will never know how stink'n impressed I am! Such an accomplishment!! Congrats! I'm hoping to finish Hood to Coast without dying....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Jenn! That is such an amazing accomplishment. I think it's so cool that you do so many races. You're a great example. I'm gonna sign up for a race ASAP. Probably a half marathon. We should plan to do it together, with Sarah and Kristin too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about you on Wed. Glad you had a good experience. Way to go! You're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU. ARE. AWESOME. :) Congratulations!! I'll be like you someday. *gulp*

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about you guys just come run the Ragnar in Cali with us (me and Brad) in September?! They are a blast. And we need a few more teammates. Some of our team from Phoenix got injured. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You did great. It was so inspiring to see you guys reach your goal. You're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete