Monday, February 13, 2012

Dancing in the snow

I don't normally walk around with my tongue hanging out of my mouth. I was twirling, and trying to catch snowflakes on my tongue. It's tricky business.

So it snowed a few weeks back. I LOVE how it can snow here and then be gone in the blink of an eye. Literally, I blinked once and the snow was gone.
It snowed on a Sunday, and Brad and I had to take advantage of the beautiful weather and take a walk. We explored the surrounding area near our apartment, found a beautiful little pond that still had a duck or two, and broke in to a home. Don't worry. No one lived in it, all the doors were open (if there were any doors), and the wiring hadn't been done yet. I guess we really just walked around a construction site, but it sounds a little more glamorous to say we broke into a house. Town house. Town house frame, rather. Never mind...

Being true Portlandians, we have quickly fallen in love with nature, and, in particular, trees. Brad has definitely taken it to the next level, however. I think he's making this poor defenseless tree feel a little uncomfortable. I named the tree Amy.

I made that hat! If you look closely, there is snow in the background.

Ah, ha! See? It really DID snow. Proof is on the jacket. Isn't he dashing?

Ok, so, I wanted to be one with nature, too, but merely succeeded in getting tangled in a bunch of reeds.

Shout out to Brad: I'm really glad we take time to do things together, even if it's as simple as taking a 45 minute walk to explore our immediate surroundings. He's busy with school, homework, and clinicals, but I never feel neglected. And I think he might even ENJOY hanging out with me, which is nice.
As soon as we were done with our blizzard-condition/blinding walk, it stopped snowing. It made me decide to really live in the moment. I decided that just now. That sounds nice, but what does living in the moment really mean?

2 comments:

  1. I think living in the moment means not taking a diet from sweets and diet coke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa. I agree with you. If I die tomorrow, I will always regret not eating more chocolate. However... I suppose... Maybe... Perhaps there is SOMETHING to eating less junk in the long run. So, I decided I'll not live in the moment anymore.

    ReplyDelete