Sunday, January 22, 2012

And, at last...

JANUARY

I'm almost caught up here!

I'm gonna get most of January done in this post, so, enjoy the length of it. Just bask in it! Cuz now I'm going to really try to stay caught up.

Bread Making (first coupla weeks)
Lately, Brad and I have been very serious bread makers. And we have perfected the amazing rosemary bread you get at some Italian restaurants. You dip the bread in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and pepper, and oh my stars, it is truly the best discovery (food-wise) we have made together. And I think it has now been made 3 times in our little kitchen. That's a lot of bread for 2 people, just saying.
This is the rosemary bread. Oh, it's so beautiful to look at.

This is it, pulled out of the oven, ready to be devoured. And yes, we did eat both loaves. Not in one day though, promise.
Brad's never looked so happy...

I just look ravishing in my PJ's and with my mouth full of food, don't I?

Beach Day! and Tillamook (January 14th)
Maybe not all of you know this, but Brad proposed to me after a beach day and a little trip to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. He drove me 14 hours (from Utah) up to the Oregon Coast because he knows how much I love the ocean, and that my favorite ice cream is Udderly Chocolate, from Tillamook. Anyway, we decided to do it again, (this time without the proposal and 14 hour drive), and we had a blast. You may not believe me, but the weather was actually better this trip than that first one.
We finished the day off at a little tavern of sorts. Whoops. We drove 12 miles up the coast to in search of a restaurant, only to find it closed when we got there. So, we did what we could. Ended up being ok food. I mean, anything is if you fry it, right?

Here we are at the beach! A place Brad went camping as a kid. It was pretty cold, attempting to rain, a little foggy, and beautifully gray. Sorry the picture is a little crooked.

Brad throwing rocks. I never really got into that. But he's pretty good at it. Dodges the waves and everything.

I really just wanted the view in this one. It always looks better in person, but it was a pretty beach. Surprisingly, there were other people there. They weren't speaking English, so maybe it was there one chance to see the Oregon Coast before going back home after vacation.
Or maybe they just really like the beach.

Brad as a cow.

So glad ice cream is our exception to the no treat rule. Ya can't waste a whole year in Oregon not eating their famous ice cream. Simply isn't logical. If you look closely, you can see Brad's shoulder angel talking on her cell phone.

Here's the Pub and Eatery. I got fish'n'chips, and Bradley got shrimp. We shared a cup of clam chowder. It wasn't bad. And it was the one pub in this tiny town, so it was kinda fun watching people come in, everyone knowing each other by name.

Decorating (This past week we finished)
Brad got me a gift certificate to Tai Pan for Christmas, and I kinda went crazy. My walls have been totally bare up until now, so this was such a fun surprise for me. Tell me what you think!

Just a little mirror. I like it. Simple.

Picture hanger with picture frames. I actually picked out some pictures to go in them this week, and Brad put them in, so we have pictures on the wall! So exciting.

I don't know, I just really liked the idea of putting a little baby plant in a bird cage. I'm assuming you're supposed to put in a candle or something, but I thought this looked kinda cool. Our very first plant together! (it's fake)

I. LOVE. THIS. CLOCK. 'Nuff said.

Brad picked this out himself for a gift for me. I "love" it! I think he has good taste.

Ice skating (January 21st)
Yesterday (yes, yesterday! I'm officially caught up, hooray!!) we went ice skating. We met a couple of other couples, each with one child, and just skated around for a couple of hours. It was so cold! I couldn't believe how freezing I was. And both Brad and I hadn't been skating for a LONG time. Needless to say, we were a little bit wobbly at first. Then, as we inched away from the wall, and gained more and more confidence, we had a race! I totally won. But, I think Brad may have done it on purpose so he could come up from behind me to scare me. So rude.

Us on the rink. Notice, we are not hanging on for dear life...

So far, I'd say 2012 has been a great year. I'm working away at the OB/GYN office Monday thru Friday, and Brad goes to school/studies all the time. We are enjoying each other and our family around here. And missing our loved ones that are far away.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun month so far! I wouldn't give up ice cream either. I mean, that would be wrong. And your decor looks great! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash. Where do you get all your ideas for decorating your house?? It is so cute, and I love how you do a lot of it yourself! So cool. And you are right. No ice cream would be immoral.

      Delete