Sunday, January 15, 2012

The big two eight (November 18-19th)

Brad is too good to me, in case I haven't made that abundantly clear. I mean, how many husbands celebrate the birth of their wife two days in a row?? Mine does. And how many husbands give their wife a surprise party two years in row?? Mine does. He's just the bestest.

Aw. Isn't he sweet? My Blue Eyes.

Bradley, on the morning of my birthday, woke up early and made me a little "breakfast algorithm," so I could choose exactly what I wanted for breakfast.
Here it is!

For the evening, the plan was to go out to dinner together and then go ice skating. We went to dinner, which was a-MAZE-ing. It was just at a little Thai bistro, but the food was so good, I immediately began craving it once we walked out the door. I had yellow curry, which was a great choice. Once we were done, we called the skating rink, and they said they had a hockey game going that night. Wah wah. So, instead, Brad took me shopping to get me a birthday present of my choice. I chose make-up, which he thought was lame because I would buy it anyway, but what he doesn't know, is that I would have put it off, and felt WAY more guilty buying it, so it was the BEST birthday present. I think after that we went home...It's been awhile, I can't really remember.
The next day, we did the normal Saturday stuff. We had planned on going bowling with some friends that evening at 6:00, and right at 5:55 or so (5 minutes after we should have left), Brad up and goes to the little boys room in our apartment. Thinking it would only take a couple of minutes, I didn't worry. Ten minutes later, we were late, and Brad still hadn't come out of the watercloset. Oh man, how embarrassing to be late! I kept reminding him we needed to go, trying to be considerate of whatever GI upset must be going on, until finally he came out and was ready to go.
When we got to the bowling ally, our friends were there, but rather than buying a game and getting our shoes, they suggested we go straight to the lane they already had. When I got there, a whole crowd of people were there to celebrate my birthday!!! With my favorite cake and ice cream. SURPRISE!!!
I guess Brad really wasn't having too much trouble in the bathroom after all. He just needed to organize the last minute details without me questioning what he was doing.
There are 28 candles on that cake. It's the yummy, fudgy, rich, delicious chocolate cake from Costco. So good. And, in case you're wondering, no. I did not blow out all the candles.

Some friends from our ward, Devon and Mari-Michelle

Kirsten and Paxton, also from the ward

Kirsten's husband, Greg.

Kimmy, Brad's sister, my sister-in-law.

Nedra and Todd, Brad's mom and her hubby. They got me a way cute scarf.

Grant, our nephew.

His sister, our niece, Eliza.

Their baby sister, Amelia. And half the cake (on her face).

Ava and Mckenzie, their older sister, and my sister-in-law.

Brother-in-law, Todd. He was in the middle of getting a strike.

Ash, my sister-in-law. Ash, Kim, and Kenzie got me some running pants. I love 'em! They keep my legs nice and warm when its freezing out.

It was a great party. We had a blast together. I'm so glad to have these peeps around!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday! How sweet of him to plan all that. Nate needs to get on the ball. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha well, it's the 1st birthday... We'll see how it is in 7 years for us... :)

      Delete