Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Years

And Resolutions...

Those of you who know Brad know he's sorta big into resolutions. Every December is very intense, and many conversations begin with, "So, what're we gonna do next year? We hafta think of something!" And what is implied with "something," is "something harder than last year." Which, at the end of all the gluttony the Holidays bring on, seems completely logical, and even desirable... until you pinky swear the year away.

I thought I'd share SOME of the things we are doing, simply because it helps me stay on track. Some are personal, but some need all the cheering on they can get.
Here goes...
Physical health goals include avoiding desserts other than ice cream excepting holidays and birthdays. (I know, RIGHT?? I'm crazy! You all know I love me some chocolate! Or some pie. Or some CHOCOLATE PIE. Oh, man.) Also, no soda (that's more for Brad, cuz I don't really drink it anyway.) And I'm- drumroll, please- training for a marathon to take place July 4th. I know you're all thinking that's the worst time of year to run, mid-summer. But listen, it was like the only marathon not on a Sunday, and I'm gonna need all the help I can get from the Man Upstairs. Plus, I think it's quite flat, and quite close. Anyway. I'm very excited, and very nervous.
Also, one very important factor in choosing this marathon was the fact that you get strawberry shortcake served to you as you cross the finish line. Um, yes please. I'll run 26.2 miles for that!
Spiritual health goals are pretty personal, but I will say, Family Home Evening is my favorite one!
Let's see...Emotional health. I really can't say that I made any goals about my emotions. Mostly because I'd rather not take responsibility for them. Just kidding. I guess I didn't want to go any further than where I had already gone, goals-wise, because I'm already thinking I'm crazy.
I should prolly make Intellectual health goals, but let's be honest. I'm about as quick as they come. Any errors you may find in this post were put there on purpose. But actually, I suppose part of my intellectual health is my determination to blog once a week. I enjoy writing, and I think it's good for me. I'm not like my sisters, who went to college in English and journalism, so I don't have very high expectations. However, I DO feel like I'm at least making my brain work more then if I were to just watch TV or something.

Ok, also, FYI, I have nothing against drinking pop or eating treats. I just wanted to see if I could do it!

HAPPY 2012!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you guys! I think New Years Resolutions are great. Good luck with the No Treats one. Yikes!! I would like to do that for a month or so to test myself. I think I would fail though. I wish I could train for the marathon too. I think I want to do one. After I have this baby, I would love to at least do another half with you and whoever else wants to. Wouldn't it be so fun to do the Tacoma Narrows one again with a few of our friends? Like a reunion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash, I think that's a fantastic idea! I really liked the Tacoma narrows half, and I think I'd do it again. But I think we need to hang out more than just the race. We'll have to go to breakfast or something afterward too! Ok, when you sign up, let me know and I will too. :)

      Delete
  2. I personally think that you are a WONDERFUL writer! Besides, I was supposed to be the nurse and you were supposed to be the English major, remember? I still remember your really cool high school paper about abortion and Horton Hears a Who. You're pretty cool. And I love your bloggy poo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I was so proud of that paper! I still think it is a very good metaphor... If that's what you call it. See, I'm no English major. I think you are an excellent-er writer, so keep blogging!

      Delete