Sunday, January 8, 2012

Girls weekend! (First weekend of November, 2011)

Two of my very best girlfriends from high school came to Portland to visit me, and we had a blast! Well, I did. I'm assuming they had an ok time, cuz we are already planning out next one.
They did some of the Portland stuff while I was at work on Friday, and brought me a doughnut from Voodoo's. I will not mention the name here, as this is a family friendly forum, however, it was pretty funny. We then went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner, and then came home and chatted with Modern Family playing in the background.
On Saturday we went to a Holiday Food and Gift Fest, which was fun. I almost bought a little santa, and regret that I didn't. We DID get some pepper jelly though, which was fun. We then just drove on some pretty roads, almost did a craft, and chatted. Then, that night we decided to go bowling. I think I didn't even break 60. I was TERRIBLE! But we had a good time.
Sunday we went to see the beautiful Multnomah Falls, and sadly, they had to say goodbye. It was fun. I sure like those gals!

Ashley, Me, and Kristin with our bowling balls. I really needed the bumpers.


This is Brad's contribution, actually. This picture was taken around the same time, and overlooking some of the same territory we drove through on our scenic drive. Brad took this from his phone while riding the gondola to OHSU.


Ashley, Me, and Kristin on the trail to the falls.


I thought this was kind of a quaint little trail.


Ash asked for this picture of mossy trees. I forgot how that isn't necessarily something people see every day. In fact, it's unlikely, unless you live in a damp area like this.


Beautiful. And breathtaking in person.

Such a good weekend. If anyone wants to come visit, I will show you an equally good time. Just let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Uh, I'm coming, and I'd like to run on a trail by those mossy trees. Please and thank you. If you could also make rhubarb pie and those bbq cups of GOODNESS, I'd love you for even more forever. M'kay? Great, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so fun! Thanks for hosting us. I really hope you girls can make it here to Spokane in May or June. I would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Aura, when are you coming?? I mean, seriously, it is NOT ok that it has already been this long. Plus, there are lots of trails to run on, and we can go on all of them! Well... Maybe not all. And don't you worry, I will have those BBQ cups of love and a rhubarb pie piping hot and ready to eat as soon as you walk your little buns through my door. And that's a promise.
    Ash, I'm not kidding, I'm so excited for Spokane and our girl time!

    ReplyDelete