Sunday, April 8, 2012

It's Great to be Eight! March 3rd

Such a grown-up!

Our little niece turned eight and decided to be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She was beautiful, as was the program. Except the talk on baptism. That wasn't all that good. Probably because I gave it.

Just precious!

The fam before the baptism service.

This is Brad's mommy and his 4 sisters. We are missing Kara! Aren't they lovely? It made me miss my baby sisters. I look like a snobby giant, but hey, if the shoe fits! Also, I was standing on a hill. In heels.

How cute are these?? Cookie popsicles with her favorite color sprinkled all over!

Baptism is a symbol of a new beginning, starting fresh. So is Spring. How cool is it that the first blossoms of the new season began to burst on Ava's special day?

I'm very grateful to belong to the church and for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. It offers hope and peace, and answers. I'm so proud of Ava taking this big step.

1 comment:

  1. You look tall because you're standing next to ME! And your talk was awesome. Give yourself some credit! You helped make it a great day for her, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete