Monday, April 23, 2012

Maybe we are sort of obsessed.

We kinda love tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil, and balsamic vinegar...
We had some friends over for dinner the other day, which was really fun. We made chicken and roasted veggies, and had some really yummy appetizers. At least, they were yummy to us. Unfortunately we forgot that not everyone loves tomatoes like we do.


This is Brad. See how excited he is for bruschetta??

After dinner we played a card game our friend Devin brought that was fast-paced and exciting called Strut. I kept thinking "slut" for some reason. I almost won it like 3 times, but in the end, "almost" doesn't count for a whole lot.


Like bruschetta, but not. I actually learned this cool trick from my brother Jeremy. It's quick, easy, and absolutely heavenly. It's a grape tomato, with a fresh basil leave and a ball of mozzarella cheese. 


This is our classic bruschetta. We can't get enough of this stuff!

Anyway, I do have to say, I'm super glad I haven't gotten into Pinterest yet. I get worked up bad enough putting on a mediocre casual dinner party without having the added stress of seeing all these amazing party ideas and foods. And suggestions on how to dress for a party. I'm happy to keep the expectations fairly low at this point.

4 comments:

  1. Ditto. My Brad and I could eat this meal every night. You should move here. And we could be friends. And you could cook for us. And I could... help. And then my Brad would love you for teaching me how to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Elise. I would love that. Or, maybe you should move here. I will literally cook for you as often as I cook for Brad and myself, which is I think up to 2-3 times a week now! (in a good week)

      Delete
  2. I hope you prepare all this stuff for us when we come to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we are going to prepare it for you. We always have it on hand in case you ever drop by. Which you should do.

      Delete