Monday, April 23, 2012

Pittock Mansion, March 4th 2012

You know, a lot of people don't realize this, but one thing about weather in the PNW is that it rains fairly frequently. Especially from January through December, or so. Because of this interesting and little-known fact, when the sun comes out in Portland, so does EVERYONE else. Including Brad and I. On March 4th, we had our first day without rain in a long time, and I'm almost certain it was the first day there were no clouds in the sky this year. So, we decided to go for a little walk and explore our surroundings. We picked a beautiful trail that went through forest and alongside a creek, and ended up at the historic Pittock Mansion. I'd never been there before, and it was pretty spectacular. It was owned by some guy who owned a newspaper around these parts forever ago.
Ok, I felt a little lame for not having the basics on this house, so I just looked them up. It was built by Henry and Georgiana Pittock in 1909. Henry Pittock was the publisher of The Oregonian. Georgiana Pittock died in 1918, and Henry Pittock died in 1919.


This is me with the Mansion in the background. I know it's hard to see, cuz it's so small, but keep looking. You'll find it.



This is Brad and I overlooking the city of Portland. It was gorgeous.


This was the creek we walked alongside for the first part of the trail. I live here!

It was a wonderful afternoon. It was fun to spend it with the love of my life (Brad). We were able to talk and plan and just enjoy being together and holding hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment