Sunday, October 16, 2011

Honeymoon

Now the honeymoon/hornymoon. Ok, first of all, I just want to say, Brad spoiled me. We went to Sandy Eggo, and it was perfect for me, for several reasons.
A) I love moderately warm weather. Nothing over 80, and nothing under 68. Guess what the weather was like? Yup. Like that.
2) Interestingly/embarrassingly, I get anxious about traveling. I do like seeing new places. I like being exposed to different cultures. But, I still get anxious about it. I didn't want to worry about passports, customs, different languages, driving on the left side of the road, or being taken prisoner. Someday I'll enjoys those adventures, but I didn't want to fret for the honeymoon. Nope.
C) I LOVE THE BEACH
D) I do not love ONLY sitting on the beach. Our thought process was as follows: "Let's go to Aruba! Or the Cook Islands! Or Costa Rica!" (my anxiousness begins to set in) "They have pretty good beaches, I imagine, since I see them on my screen saver every day." "Only wait, if we spend everything we have on getting there and staying there for a week (we are not rich) then all we can do is sit on the beach once we get there." "OR - we could spend less on travel, and be in a more familiar land (sigh of relief), and then have some moneyz left over for doing things!" "Brilliant!"
DOING THINGS...
Here is Brad atop the USS Midway. This is something that is interesting, worthwhile, and should not be missed. Word of warning: It is a VERY long tour. I enjoyed that it was self-guided, so you could listen to and see as much as you felt like listening to and seeing. We lasted a good 3 hours before we got hungry.
Something cool: We saw Donald Duck and Goofy on this ship. Drove all the way down from Disney Land, so, it MUST be worth seeing.

Me at our favorite beach that week, Coronado. It was huge, with soft sand, crashing waves, not too many people, and a significant number of Mexican restaurants nearby. Another neat thing about this place is that every 5-10 minutes a helicopter or jet flies overhead because the naval base is purty close.

The famous Hotel del Coronado just before sunset. It really is beautiful, and old. And, I will say this for them: they have a very friendly staff. We clearly were not guests, but we were looking around for places to ride bikes, and they were extremely helpful and kind. Even gave us a map. Of course, the bike rentals they led us to were affiliated with the hotel, however, they were nice BEFORE they knew we wanted to rent bikes.
Speaking of bikes, here is mine. We rode around the whole island (I believe a 6 mile loop). My legs got burned. Toasted. Cooked. Fried. Note to self: Believe what everyone tells you about sunscreen.

This is at the Wildlife Safari Thingy.

Just thought these little guys were pretty, also at Wildlife Safari. We were actually this close to them. They were cleaning each other up, I think.

No, Brad is not choking on his straw, nor is he gaping at the monkeys mating. This was overlooking the tiger area.

Seaworld, PREsoak. Oh my goodness, so nervous!

Bradley and I, prior to the show.

Ok, this is still PRE soak. Don't worry. It worked.

Honestly, I just included this giraffe cuz she looks how I imagine you may feel after reading all that. But don't worry! Almost done.

Anyway, we had a wonderful time. We went to a few nice places to eat, sea-kayaking, beach hopping, running, and to the Wildlife Safari Park, Seaworld, and the Sandy Eggo zoo. We went to the Olde Globe Theatre and saw Much Ado About Nothing. Oh! We stayed at a bed and breakfast called Britt Scripps Inn, and the food was so delicious. Scones every morning, with your choice of 3-4 menu choices, made after you order. It was darling.
Here she is. Our initial thoughts when we walked inside were along the lines of, "What did we get ourselves into???" but it was amazing. I'd go back.
Freshly baked scones with freshly cut fruit, and freshly whipped cream.
Shoot. I just drooled on the keyboard.
This was our room. The bed was ginormous! We had our own bathroom, of course, and each room had a TV and DVD player. And, okay, this is actually embarrassing. One day I left my sweaty running clothes on those basket-y things at the foot of the bed, and their staff FOLDED MY STINKY SWEATY CLOTHES. Gross. We tipped well.

3 comments:

  1. I want to go to SeaWorld! Did you get to pet Willy? hehehehehe I just realized that this was the blog about your hornymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. It is fun reading (and informative to boot!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Heado. You're funny. And crazy. Did you blog about Brad's suggested topic yet?? ;)
    Dad! I'm glad you like it! You should make one!

    ReplyDelete