Saturday, October 8, 2011

A very good place to start

The very beginning of our story dates back almost two years. So, rather than start there, zoom back in time about 6 weeks to That Very Special Day. That Day I woke up and did both my hair AND make-up. That Day I painted my toenails bright pink. That Day I forgot to/couldn't eat breakfast. That Day I wore 5 1/2 inch heels for the first time (big mistake). That Day I got to spend with people I love and cherish. That Day I will celebrate annually for the rest of my life: Our Wedding.
I'll post pictures once I figure out how to do that.
We got hitched the 27th of August, 2011. Best day of Brad's life. And mine, too.
We wanted a low-key wedding, with family and a few close friends. Oddly, limiting the wedding party like that, still produced a decent-sized affair, as we both have large families. And it was perfect.
We were married in the Timpanogos Temple, and had a luncheon/reception at a restaurant: Almost as hassle-free as you can get. We had a great time. Especially once I took off my shoes.
We had run out of standing room in the temple, so I assumed the sealer would be quick. He wasn't. He took his time with us, and made us feel special.
We had several people with nice cameras, and one REAL photographer, so pictures went well, and we got a lot of them. Thank you, all who contributed!!
At the restaurant, the food was delicious, we had a lovely little slideshow made by my dad set to our favorite tunes, and we got to meander around and chat with everyone.
Brad and I were pretty set on leaving first from the luncheon, grabbing our luggage at home, and then booking it to Salt Lake where we were staying for the night, but we ended up being the last ones outta there. So, we went home to grab luggage/change/open presents/say another round of goodbyes, and THEN went to The Grand America. It's the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in, I think, so that was cool. Plus, there were chocolate covered strawberries, that looked like they were wearing tuxedos! Brad's nice.

2 comments:

  1. I just read your entire blog. Yes. In it's entirety. And I'm commenting on your first entry mostly because I couldn't pick which one to comment on, and decided I couldn't comment on every single one without looking overly zealous.

    Ahem. So, uh, that being said, I miss you Jenn! I'm so glad you're blogging so I can not miss you as much. :) You're funny. And pretty. And pretty funny. And I am lame and you still are nice enough to be friends with me. :)

    P.S. I'm so proud you got married on my birthday. Really, though. Super honored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm so glad you read it and LIKED it! That means a lot, coming from an experienced blogger with a loyal following like you. :)
    Um, Bee Tee Double-Ewe, pretty sure I miss you MORE. Question: where ya gonna be around, say...Christmas? We're comin!
    Also, I HAD to get married on your birthday, Aura, so I could remember my anniversary. ;)

    ReplyDelete