Sunday, October 23, 2011

Kruger's Pumpkin Patch

Lately, Brad has been working really hard for midterms, and has gotten home pretty late because of that, construction and public transportation not meshing well, and some crazy situation with one of his classes. I thought that I would pretty much NOT see him all weekend, but he surprised me with spending the whole day with me on Saturday, provided I help him with flashcards when possible.
We had a Living Social deal that I had bought that was good for two admissions to a corn maze, two 25 lb pumpkins, two roasted ears of corn, and two caramel apples, all for the price of one. Um, yes please! We went up to Kruger's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, and had a grand ol' time.

I thought this was a beautiful view of the farm. And though the clouds looked foreboding all afternoon, not one drop of rain fell upon our heads.

This is in the corn maze. Obviously, we should have had the roasted corn first, since Brad got hungry so quickly and was willing to eat a caterpillar. Maybe someday I'll learn.

After I took this picture, and Bradley looked at it, he pointed at me and laughed saying, "You married me!"

Both this picture and the above picture were us on top of the look-out tower in the middle of the maze. Anyone familiar with our navigational skills will understand why it took us quite awhile to find our way outta there. Those that are not familiar, count your blessings.
Me pointing the way.

Ok, the tower is where the spider's head is, and this picture is facing toward the spider's abdomen/bum.

I just wanted a picture of me with the corn.

Us in the corn maze. This was in the skull area of the maze.

Sigh of relief, we made it out. We have GPS on our phones.
Brad looking cute. Or annoyed I'm photographing him. You choose.

I liked this little pumpkin. I named him Rolly.

Brad's pumpkin. It's kinda flat on the other side, but its front is rally nice.
Some things never die. Including, tying a coat around your waist. It's surprisingly convenient. But so are fanny packs, I imagine.

Ok, the roasted corn was dipped in butter, and then sprinkled with lemon pepper.
Yeah. I know. You're jealous.
I never eat caramel, and rarely eat apples, but this thing: AWESOME
It tasted like those caramel apple suckers!!!

It was a fun day. Just saying.

Later that evening we went to Brad's sister, Ashlee's house, and had food and fun times. She even treated me to a deep conditioning for my hair! It is silky smooth, and shiny. Today, Sunday, the fam all got together for dinner after church, and we ate, and talked, played with the kids, and then played a game called Tic. Or, Tick. Or, Tik. I'm not sure which one, but it doesn't matter. I WON! By a whopping 2 points! Whoot!
I sure am happy. And not just cuz I won...

12 comments:

  1. How is it you look gorgeous in every single picture of you??! (That was directed to Jenn, not Brad :)

    Get ready to play a lot of Tic next week, every year I have to relearn how to play but it's the only time I get to play games with the fam and I love it! Excited to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to read your blog! I feel like I've actually been a part of your life the last few months. The best part? It's totally you when you blog! I love your personality that comes out in your posts. It's just like being with you, and I love it! Sigh. I miss you! But at least I get to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, you are way too nice! I just edit the crap outta the photos, and ta-da! Works every time. :)I'm really excited to play games with you guys, too! How fun is this weekend going to be? You will prolly be in the upcoming blog posts...
    MEL!!! Yay! How are you?? I miss you too! I didn't know you had a blog! Ima read it, and feel like I've been with you. This way we can keep up with each other, which is fun. :)Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU, for making me laugh :) fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Britt Bratt. I need more pictures on YOUR blog!! I don't want to hear any excuses like that you have 2 newborn babies or that you have a ton to do or are too busy. Don't care. Update blog. ;)

      Delete
  6. Update blog immediately. :) I miss you. Hope you're doing wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Can I say this enough times? You and Brad are so dang cute together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash, thanks! It's fun. I think I just kept looking at your family, thinking, I need something fun and cute, too! So I'm just trying to be like you. :)

      Delete
  8. I find that there is something magical about a pumpkin patch. It makes me enter the world of Washington Irving. Kind of a Fall Courier and Ives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha it's true. I don't remember going to one as a kid...Did we ever do that? When we have kids you'll have to come up near halloween time to come to one with us!

      Delete