Sunday, October 23, 2011

Reason enough

I have, once again, fallen in love with the Northwest. Keep in mind, I haven't lived here during a winter for quite awhile, so that could change. Sadly, yes. I AM that flippant. Anyway, this deep, strong, un-ending loyalty and love for the PNW stems from something you just can't get anywhere else: blackberries. And these berries alone are reason enough for me to want to live here permanently.
Blackberries ANYWHERE other than up here are gross. Period. But if the berries are native, born and bred, one blackberry pie is worth a month of rain. At least. So, once the rain REALLY starts, I revoke all whining rights for an entire month.
Also, jam. Blackberry freezer jam makes a house a home, and let me tell you. We have a home.

This is the lovely pie I made out of hand-picked-by-us blackberries. Cheesy, is it not? The 'J' stands for 'Jenn,' and the 'B' stands for 'Brad.' The heart, I will leave to interpretation.

This is the pie all done.

Funny story: We actually ended up going to some people's house for dinner, and we offered to bring dessert. Well, originally we were just gonna take a no-bake cheesecake, but then we made this pie, and there was no way we could eat it by ourselves. So we took it, too. Letters, hearts, and all. Brad wanted to take them off, but it just wasn't as funny without them.



1 comment:

  1. I laughed at this story. I love it. Blair does not understand why I think it is so funny. Sometimes I don't even know him anymore...

    Oh and why is it we have only spent one dinner together? We would have way too much fun together to not hang out all the time. I know we are in different states but...we can not keep making excuses...

    Love that you have a blog so I can stalk you.

    ReplyDelete